About Arkansas INBRE
The goals of the Arkansas INBRE are to:
- Expand and strengthen the biomedical research infrastructure of lead, partner, and affiliate institutions through a multidisciplinary network.
- Increase the biomedical research base in Arkansas by providing research support to select faculty at partner and affiliate institutions and augmenting their efforts to obtain independent extramural funding.
- Provide undergraduate research opportunities, thereby serving as a “pipeline” that encourages students to choose health research careers.
- Sponsor specialized outreach activities for faculty and students not currently receiving research support from the Arkansas INBRE, thereby preparing early-stage investigators for future INBRE support.
- Enhance the science and technology base of Arkansas’s future workforce by developing a cadre of trained scientists (i.e., with biomedical research/bioinformatics expertise) and providing resources to stimulate the growth of biotechnology industries in Arkansas.